Saturday, September 15, 2012

My political rant

I do not often go off on political tangents but today a comment just sent me over the edge. I am so sick and tired of constantly having to defend my conservative christian beliefs. I believe some things are just wrong. There's no grey are. It is black and white. There is a differnce between right and wrong. We cannot go through life with the believe that it is ok to do someting morally wrong under the guise that it is just someones person opinion. I want my children to grow up know the difference between right and wrong. So this will be my one and only political rant on the blog.
Abortion
 Abortion is wrong. It is not a woman's right to kill her baby whether he or she has been born or not.
Psalm 51:5 – “I was born a sinner – yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.” (NLT)
Jeremiah 1:5 – “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.” (NLT)
I believe that God has the ultimate say in when a baby, inside of outside of the womb, dies. I had a miscarriage at 18 week. I did not mourn the death of a ball of cells. I mourned the death of my baby. He was no less of a baby because he was not viable. I do not know how a person can so causally end another persons life our of convience.
Spending
Running a household I cannot spend more that we take in on things that we do not need. I can’t just decide that I want it anyway and go take some money from someone else to cover it. Why should this be ok for the government? Under the constitution, the role of the federal government is to provide national security, a post office, courts, and build roads and bridges to promote interstate commerce. That is it. Most of the other things that they do now (such as health and education) are intended to be regulated by individual states. We (I mean my family personally) are already heavily taxed and are not rich. I am sick of seeing people at the grocery store wearing designer clothes, with new manicures and new iphones, driving new cars, but paying with food stamps. The government is not to solution to all of your problems. I do not want to be beholden to the government for all things. Sharing the wealth is not something I am game for. My husband works for what we have. If he lost his job I can guarantee you he would take any available job (even beneath his usual pay grade or educational experience) in order to provide for his family. We do not expect nor want to government to take care of us. I don’t know when Americans lost all sense of pride in themselves.
Immigration
Did you know that Canada has very strick immigration laws. Even if you have a job waiting for you they only let a certain number of people in per year. If they let everyone in there is the belief that it would run down the system too much. A non-partisan report in 2007 from the Congressional Budget Office concluded that most estimates show that illegal immigrants impose a net cost to state and local governments. I know that most people in this contry were from families of immigrants at one time. How many of those families snuck into the counrty? I have a feeling most came leagally. I am all for legal immigration. This country was build by immigrants. I am not ok with illigally coming over.

No comments:

Post a Comment